Gotcha, suckas!

Our hostel in KL seems to be right above an all-night bar which makes it really convenient if you happen to be partying in said club and slightly less convenient if you happen to be trying to sleep before morning. Sarah and I regretfully fell into the latter category and we are currently paying for it now. It's 2:30 and the music has no end in sight. On the plus side, I have unwittingly trained myself for just a situation, sleeping over blaring Ranchero music for the better part of senior in college... ah, Abel, I never thought I'd be thanking you for this, but thank you. As a result I ca sleep through pretty much any sound from below, as long as it's got a good enough bass.

Sadly, Sarah is not nearly as well versed with booming synthesizers coming from the floorboards, so after admirably struggling with the noise for over two hours (while I admirably slept) she asked that we be moved rooms. The dorm room upstairs we now inhabit is much better. I would say we can hear a "DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF"
which is a marked improvement over the "DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF"
we (okay, Sarah) had to deal with previously.

It's called Pondok Lodge, in case you ever want to stay there. I'll let you know if we get any money back in the morning.

UPDATE:
No money back. Kind of a fun reason too. So we were moved from the double room (55 RM) to the dorms (25 RM per person = 50RM) at around 2:30 am. The guy at the front desk said that since they fixed the problem, we wouldn't get a refund. I didn't realize I was on a reality tv show. If we had only stuck it out long in "doof doof" land we could've cashed-in big. He also said that since no one else was in the dorms it was pretty much a private room (albeit without a lock). By the same logic an empty school bus is pretty much the same as a chauffeured limo. Since we still had to ask the guy for directions and to watch over our bags while we were away for the day we didn't push the 5 RM refund.

That being said, unless you have doof doof-itis and can't sleep without a heavy does of doofs, I would not recommend staying on the lower floor of the Pondok Lodge on a Friday or Saturday night.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad Abel left you with the skills of a champion sleeper - that ranchero music was intense even from my room!
The Roommate said…
doof? thats really your best impression of bass? try again.
aah yes.. sweet college. I had a very loud suitemate.. that's why I sleep with a fan, to drown her out. now it drowns the cats out.
Ezra Fox said…
It's not just me, doof is the onomatopoeia of choice for Australians...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doof#Word_Origins
Sarah J said…
Ez forgot to mention.. PONDOK LODGE IN KUALA LUMPUR HAS BED BUGS!!

I am suffering for this now. Please do not follow in my footsteps.
Annie Fox said…
PHew! i'm really grateful for the heads ups, guys. Luckily I was able to cancel my reservation at Pondok and got a 99% refund. I guess they used the remaining 1% to stock up on bed-bug feed. Or do they actually drink blood... Sarah?
Ezra Fox said…
They don't drink it, they guzzle it.

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!