The Breaking Point

I think everyone has a day sooner or later when they feel very close to saying and doing things that they know they'll regret. Today seems to be one of those days, as everyone's gotten much stupider and louder today, and they all have started to ask me to do things. I think as long as I keep breathing I'll be okay, but that's by no means a certainty.

I'm pretty sure things went wrong this morning, when we heard from the Up-Aboves that they would not be paying for our half-a-million-kilometer wonder car. This is problematic as:
1. I rather liked the wonder car when I wasn't hitting things with it, and
2. It's by far the best form of transportation we have for taking 2 people on a trip longer than 15 minutes. Plus Sarah finally learned how to drive it.

I wrote an email and tomorrow I'm making a call, but I have a sneaking suspicion that unless my mood improves drastically by then, I'll end up being a very typical and very ugly American in a temper tantrum. I need to get back my Zen-like calm, and fast.

Also, my principal finally got around to asking me to do something. Since it was pretty much the first thing he's asked, I kinda had to say yes. I now have to come in to school on Tuesdays at 7:40am for a 5 minute speech at assembly, and I need to do the same kind of deal every other Wednesday, also at 7:40. Again, all of the teachers are there for this every day, but that doesn't make it any better. I really hate waking up. And waking up when the hours are still single digits is worse. And doing things... doing things might be the most painful part of all.

Still, it could be much worse. Tuesdays I have class at 9:00 anyway, so it's pretty much the same time. Maybe 50 minutes earlier. And I probably will enjoy BSing for 5 minutes a week. No one said that the speeches had to be on anything in particular, so if you have anything you'd like me to lecture a few hundred Malaysian teenagers on for 5 minutes, just let me know.

Side note: in my frustration I found the Argh page. Weird. One side is As and the other side is Rs.

Maybe some of this frustration is a bit misplaced. I'm really mad at China, who rejected Sarah and me from getting visas over the weekend. This makes us 0 for 2 in the visa hunt, and we're giving up on China. You know, I bet those golden visas makes the country taste terrible anyway. So instead we're going to spend more time in Thailand and go to Cambodia, which is still reeling from the time when Angelina Jolie stole one of their babies.

Besides getting rejected by 20% of the world's population (July 2007 est.) Sarah and I spent the weekend bingeing (binging? Binge-ing?) on movies with Anna and Gwynne. We packed in three total: Definitely, Maybe (Sorry, Mike), Nim's Island (eh...), and Forbidden Kingdom (Awesome). Abigail Breslin had major roles in the first two films, and I'm pretty sure she had a cameo in the last one as a bamboo stick. So if you see any of them you really can't go wrong.

Also worth noting is that I saw a urinal with a cracked drain in KL. You might think, "sure, it's an old urinal, of course it's cracked," but no!
1. It was a new urinal. And
2. It's not like urinal drains encounter hard substances on a daily basis. As far as I can tell, most of it's liquid. Urine to be precise. And urine should not be able to crack porcelain.

This insight leads me to believe that Iceman was probably in KL at some point and his frozen stream of urine shattered the urinal drain. Alternatively someone had a kidney stone. Most likely Iceman, as a kidney stone on its own wouldn't do enough damage.

At the same bathroom there was a hand dreyer with a button on it that said automatic. Of course I pushed the button, only to find out that it was there for show. Now that's messed up. There are no cellphones with cords glued onto them that say wireless. It's just unnecessary.

Lastly, this talk of super powers brings me back to a t-shirt I saw the other day at the market. This guy was wearing it and it said "I'm a legend in Japan." Which means I'm pretty sure he was Godzilla, 'cause that's the only Japanese legend I've ever really heard of. I guess he also could've been Pikachu. Or Sailor Moon. Or the spirit of Karaoke. Crap, I should've just asked him. Now I'll never know. "Yes, that's great, but which legend are you? Many things are popular there!"

Ah, okay, the anger's subsiding. I feel better now. Y'know maybe the urinal cracked because of some normal guy having a rough day. Maybe he'd just got rejected from China. Maybe people were asking him to come to work early and talk to people who who don't understand him at ungodly hours. Maybe he was just an average guy who was sick and tired of being laughed at and overcharged and he saw this porcelain thing that was clearly judging and it wasn't enough to just urinate on it, he had to hit it also!

Come to think of it, that sounds a lot like the Hulk...
.... who looks a lot like Godzilla...












Oh my god. It was the "Legend in Japan" guy.

Comments

Poster Child said…
That 'Legend in Japan' thing is so gross. Foreigners! Pah! Gaijin! (I am Japanese now)
Ezra Fox said…
Of course, Kate-san.
Shelby said…
I just found your blog again. The Great Firewall has started to crumble, and is actually letting us get to blogs and post comments these days, surprisingly.

Sucks that China's still keeping YOU out though! What did you do this time?
Ezra Fox said…
I made the mistake of tying to enter China without a plane ticket and a hotel reservation. And personally, all that planning would've just killed the mood.
Maybe someone was making relations against the urinal. was it one that's off the ground?

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Dear Ezra, It's Just a Kidding. Love, Malaysia