I think I might actually have some more pictures available...

So yeah, philology! It happened, I was there, it was... okay! I'm not ready to rave about it yet. The secretary that my group coordinator talked to said the prof was kind of a slacker. Let's just say he was no Dana Burgess. Plus my attention span is slowly stretching out to reach 2.5 hours, but it's hardly there yet.

So from what I've been told, (I think at least, you can never be sure in this language) philology is the study of language, but different from linguistics in that it's kind of like "the history of culture". So maybe it's charting the significance of words or something. Anyhoo, I'm bound to get it sooner or later.

Tomorrow I have another 7 am class, and it's a day of the arts. Theater, Dance*, and Art. I'll be pretty much spent creatively after that, so don't expect nothin' impressive. Or, y'know, anything at all.




*The dance teacher is impressively crazy. We're going to have an hour-long lecture on hour to brush our teeth. Then two weeks later we all get check-ups. I'd complain, but I do kinda need it. At the very least you have to admire the health care they toss about in this country. Gotta go, my free urinalysis is coming back from the internet cafe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Urinalysis? for what? That's interesting... and 1 hour long lecture on how to brush your teeth. I'd love to sit on that! (Zzzzz)

Have you seen any iguana's? A friend of mine who's been there mentioned seeing seeing large iguanas.

Hey, I might have picked up Christina Aguilara as a client. Not sure yet, but will keep you posted. I can't help but be jazzed about the thought, and couldn't keep it to myself. Had to share.

Hope you're well kiddo.

Love,
Shane
Anonymous said…
hey love,

just curious, but what is the significance of the title of this entry?

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Dear Ezra, It's Just a Kidding. Love, Malaysia