Already past closing...


... in the internet cafe so I'm working on stolen time. The picture is from a volcano. Not the last one I went to but the one before that, in Cartago. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed when I went to see the volcanos and they didn't explode. They're not that much to look at otherwise. I mean when they're doing stuff it's awe inspiring, but when they're not... they look a surprising lot like puddles of arsenic.

Anyhoo, tomorrow marks the first day of classes, which is pretty exciting. I'm now expected to be a (more or less) fully functioning student at the University of Costa Rica. I think my secret weapon all along has been my ability to sleep. As we all know, sleep improves memory, so my Spanish should be more awesome the more I sleep. Sadly, I don't really have a backup plan, in the case that an excess of sleep just helps me to avoid having to interact with actual ticos.

Side note: I saw a guy with a t-shirt that said "the 80s Sucked". I don't know if he was right or not... actually I don't think either of us lived through much of them consciously, but the message I took from him is that you gotta "calls 'em like you sees 'em". Maybe this connects back to the volcano thing. It didn't suck, it just didn't explode. Maybe my expectations were slightly faulty as well. So be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!