One Week Down

I would call this first week a mixed success. Some wrenches were thrown into various gears when Sarah and I jetted off to Atlanta for our good friend Anna's wedding. As a result less writing was done than would be optimal. On the plus side, I ate a lot of delicious grits, got to hang out with friends, and had an awesome time at the wedding. I'm going to count it as a win.

My new strategy for time management is to give myself an hourly wage that I would pay myself if I had the money. Writing a novel is basically investing in myself in the hopes that it'll pay off, so I'm just trying to track my future accumulation of wealth.

It's much more fun to work with big numbers than small numbers, so I'm going to say I'm worth $1 million dollars a year. If I worked 40 hours a week, that'd be $500 an hour. My goal for this week is to net $5,000 with $500 an hour as my hourly wage. To make it tougher, I'll keep track of non-productive browsing also. Let's say that costs me $500 an hour. So I'll have to have 10 more hours of productive work than non-productive work by Sunday. I think I can do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!