29 Days Earlier

Dear Blog world,
How's it going? You guys look great. Really. New browser? It shows.

So, I haven't written too much this year. Or rather, I have, but very little of it has been on this site.

Some has been at Out of the Storm News. Some of it has been for Pheon, a Facebook game. Some of it has been for Precipitate and guest blogs.

And of course, most of it has been on my humble novel about the end of all time.

But I like this blog. And I like how I feel when I write it. You, Internet, you don't judge me. Or if you do, you don't tell me about. Or if you do, your comments get flagged as spam and I don't read them. So I thank you for that.

The summer is halfway gone, and I need to set some goals. Moreover, I need to put the goals out in the world so that someone can hold me accountable, even if it's just the thought of other people (and commenting Spam Bots) that I'm accountable to.

Actually, it's a short list this time.

Goals:
1. Finish the novel.

End of goals.

There might be some faulty logic spending any time writing on the computer (like right now) and not have it be about the novel, but these 30 minutes of blogging will pay me back in the end. I've seen from my friend Colleen's blog that public goals can be a good motivator.

Basically, I figure I have a month to go. Sarah takes the Bar at the end of July, and it'd be great to have nothing hanging over my head when we go on a post-Bar celebration trip. It's an arbitrary stopping date, but arbitrary's better than no-bitrary. I'll take any finish line I can get.

So I pledge that I will finish this novel in a month. I'm not saying it'll be perfect. But it'll be ready to send off to agents by 4:00 pm.

I'll give you updates at least once a week to update you on my (very impressive) progress.

A side goal, which seems tougher than it is, is to spend more time working on the novel per day than on wasting it on the Internet.

I hope blogging doesn't count.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!