My Team

So it's been a busy few days and lots of interesting things have happened. Unfortunately, so many interesting things have happened that I've been far too busy to write about all of them, and as a result, I have a bit of a backlog on half-formed fascinating travel stories. I will first do a quick run-down of everything I'm not posting on:

1. There's a guy at the Sistine Chapel whose only job is to shush people and tell them not to take photos. First, I kinda want that job. Second, he totally failed.

That's right, guy. You had two jobs and you messed up half of them. That's like a bed and breakfast that only serves flan.

2. If you want to be a part of a statue that survives for hundreds of years, I have two bits of advice: first, don't be male genitalia. Second, be made out of bronze. There's a collection of marble junk that's been broken off over the centuries and when it's gone, man, it's not coming back.


3. If you're a kid and you can play a drum you'll get tipson the street. If you can play well enough to get a white tourist girl to dance in front of you, you're golden.

And now, it's time to pick teams.

This game comes to me, I believe, from my college friends Becca, Corey, and Sonja, though I could be wrong about the specifics, and I modified it a bit to fit the occasion, but the basic tenet, judging strangers, is intact.

Basically, it's your job to pick your team from the strangers walking by. What the team might be for, I don't know, but there's no limit to how many people can be on it and what it can do. The important thing is that you choose the people on your team. These are your people.

So, while enjoying the sun soaked steps of La Maddelena, Sarah and I started the long process of picking teams from the crowds of tourists.

Some highlights:

Sarah's Team:
Smoking girl with requisite attitude

Couple who don't know how to hold a baby


My team:
Bald Mr. Bean

Happy Neck Brace Woman

And my favorite, requiring three photos, Gelato Guy:
The gelato's really good here, by the way.

Anyway, you guys should all get started on your teams. Otherwise we're going to destroy you in the upcoming jewel-heist-relay-race-eating-contest. Bring it.

Comments

I thought gelato was to be eaten out of a cup. Grocery store, you lie to me!

I like Sarah's team, especially baby woman.
Lindsay Meisel said…
Oh my god, cousin Joe & I are playing this game so hard when we get to Europe. We're in the airport now. You just made our trip so much more exciting.
Becca said…
Awesome teams! Me likey!!!
Fayette Fox said…
Oh my god, guys your teams rock so hard. I love that game and want to play too! Lots of Tea Partiers in DC this weekend. Not sure if I want them on my team....
Anonymous said…
Another fun game is this, especially good if you are sitting somewhere waiting. From the current position where you sit attempt to take the most interesting art photograph you can possibly take. Don't inform your partner/opponent where you are looking. Don't move! Then who ever creates the best photo wins. This is especially challenging in boring places such as train terminals. Jessica W.
Annie Fox said…
Here's one I call "Whose shoes?" You sit on the floor at an airport gate. (Guess it would also work in a park or cafe as long as you keep your gaze at ground-level) And you wait for a really interesting pair of shoes to stroll by. Depending on the density of the crowd, cross traffic, etc. you've then got just a couple of seconds to conjure up an image of the person who wears those shoes. Get your mental picture then look up and see how your fantasy compares to reality. That guy?! No way! Huh... never woudda guessed that. Just goes to show you can't judge a pair of shoes by their souls.

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!