... And The Living's E-Z

Welcome to summertime, people.

Now I know for some of you that are 1) on the quarter system, 2) in the real world, or 3) knowledgeable of how seasons work on this planet, I might be jumping the gun a bit. So be it. It's summer because I'm once again freed from my one meager responsibility of attending SFSU classes one day a week. Without it I'm now adrift in a sea of possibilities, much like I was two years ago after graduating from college, and one year ago after being unleashed on Southeast Asia.

Not wanting a repeat performance of trying to finish the Internet, I've decided to make real goals for myself this summer.

1. Read 100 pages a day (or 9,000 pages total). At this point I'm not making judgments on content, but it probably shouldn't be entirely Goosebumps... again.

2. Write 500 words a day. Preferably in English. Preferably real words. Preferably in sentences that morke sense.

3. See 30 movies. Hopefully good ones, but if I can make fun of them, all the better.

4. Run 100 miles. Not all at once.

5. Reach a beginning level of understanding a new language. (Complete at least 30 Pimsleur lessons) I'm leaning towards German but I'm open to suggestions.

Any other challenges or goals that you might find amusing or worthwhile, I'm more than happy to take on, just as long as they're not impossible, expensive, or likely to cause serious bodily harm without serious bodily benefit.

Comments

David Fox said…
Congrats on finishing the year!

How about watch all new episodes of True Blood within 2 weeks of when they're first broadcast? Worthwhile goal...

How about learning to prepare a meal in a style you've never tried before?
Fayette Fox said…
I'm a big fan of goals and these sound like good ones. 100pp a day is a lot of reading, you'll really be able to plow through a whole shelf of books if you keep that one up. Are there some books you've been meaning to get to for a long time that you're going to tackle? An interesting goal could be writing more letters, you know, the real kind with paper and stamps. That's something I'm trying to do. Good luck with all of these!
beat a middle-aged cripple in a wheelchair race. extra wheelchair provided.
Anonymous said…
learn to love mariah carey and sing along to all her songs!!!
Ezra Fox said…
Dad: The meal challenge has been accepted, as has True Blood.

Fay: I have 17 stamps, so that's how many letters I'll write.

Carla: Name the time and place and I'll be there in an aerodynamic latex suit.

Anonymous (but probably Richard): I spent the last half-hour listening and singing along to "I Stay In Love" and "Heartbreaker." As no one is in the house, it was most enjoyable.
Anonymous said…
i'm anonymous. but this richard person sounds amazing. you should listen to him more.
Annie Fox said…
Learn to make pastry!
Josh Keller said…
seeing 30 movies in one summer is a recipe for disaster. who likes movies anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Dear Ezra, It's Just a Kidding. Love, Malaysia