My dad says I haven't written on my blog for awhile. He's right.

Ah, Winter break. It's a fine break so far. I'm doing... kind of nothing. Or at the very least, I'm doing enough things I'm not ecstatic about that it feels like nothing. But let's stay positive. I am currently learning Japanese thanks to Pimsleur's "Instant Conversation" course, and I'm working on a follow-up to my critically panned one-act "Indifferent About Walnuts". This next one has a woman talking to a radiator, which is more than enough for me.

I've been watching a lot of stuff lately. Which I figure, while not the best for me, is certainly easier than doing things.

Monster House: Awesome. 8.5. That house was super pissed.

The Devil Wears Prada: 6. Meh. Anne Hathaway getting pretty, losing her morals and regaining them was done earlier and better in The Princess Diaries. There, I said it.

Superman Returns: On the X-Men scale, it was above 3 and just below 1. If you understand and agree, we should talk.

Wordplay: Solid 7.5 . I like movies that make me feel bad about one thing and good about another. In this case it was my ability to do crossword puzzles and my relatively stunning good looks. Seriously, those nerds were wicked smart.

My Name Is Earl: I've just scene the entire first season and am completely caught up with the second. Best show with a moustache this side of Dr. Phil

Daybreak: Kinda like Jack Bauer's Groundhog's day. Totally good.

That Numa Numa Guy: I miss the old Numa Numa Guy. Now he sold out. Went all corporate 'n stuff.


My side project has been getting my computer up and awesome again after I decided that I had too many things on it and tried to remedy the problem by deleting the boot file. Luckily, a broken computer means that I'm free to experiment in fixing it. I've started using Linux LiveCDs and being a lifelong Windows user, it feels like an ilicit thrill. They're all ridiculously pretty and some of them work too. Nothing perfect yet, but all are at least as good as XP and much cheaper. I think it's kind of like trying to go out with a girlfriend/boyfriend from another country. Initially, there's the allure of the exotic unknown. Then you realize there are cute differences. Then you realize there are big differences that might take some time to sort out. Then you realize that you don't care if they really are that pretty, learning another language is really hard. So you pop out the disc and try again.

Anyway, I hope the break is going well for all of you, if you so happen to have a break. Please check back for an advance chapter from my upcoming inspirational self-help book, "The Pretty Ones Die First". I'll leave you with an illuminating excerpt to tide you over.

-Ezra

"However, when ugly people die first it's because they were pretty to genders, demographics, or species not previously considered. Bill might've been an ugly man, but he was a very attractive manatee."

(pp. 2-3) The Pretty Ones Die First by Ezra Fox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!