Tres de Mayo


I was telling Sarah that Cinco de Mayo was a right crappy name for a holiday, since it was just the name of the date. Then she pointed out that 4th of July was the same thing. Fair enough.

So in short, this has been a month of family and travel. Sarah's parents and sister came in the begining of April and took us to Dominical for Semana Santa where I more or less learned how to surf. Then, with a few hours of overlap, my sister Fay came in from London and we traveled to Monteverde. Picture a national cloud forest reserve but then surround it with miles of bumpy dustyy roads. Then stick tourists in there. We did meet some cool Swiss guys, Josh and Ilan, as well as an older Swiss couple, Balthazar and Caroline. The great discoveries of our conversations together were that Swiss cheese was actually Emmental, and that Swiss Miss does not exist in Switzerland.

As a side note, my parents are currently enjoying themselves in Monteverde as I plod through the rest of my academic week. The plan is for Sarah and I to meet up with them at Arenal.

There's a ton more stuff for me to share, but at this point it's better to just post and be done with it. I'll check back later.

-Ez

PS Check out my friend Vince's website. Sarah and I submitted something to them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think Fay was the one who pointed out the 4th of July thing....uh oh Mr. Ezra "Steel trap" Fox, I think you're losing it.....love you anyway though :)
Anonymous said…
Alright Ezra, I did it. I actually went to facedowninthedirt.com. My life is now very much richer, thank you. In other news, where is the other news? I haven't gotten an email from you in a long time. What gives? If I were any more enraged, I might actually write this in an email! Boy oh boy, that would be the day. I love you honey, come back safe.

Forrest

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!