¡Election Day!

So February 5th is election day in Costa Rica which means that everyone gets as many flags as possible, hangs them out of their windows and drives around honking vigorously. Then afterwards, there´s a party. Sure it´s no electoral college, but you gotta admire the passion behind the honking and flag waving. It almost making me regret being an apathetic liberal. Another cool quirk is that the day of, the day before, and the day after the election the whole country goes dry. No alcohol is sold whatsoever until midnight on Tuesday. It´s kinda funny since my birthday is on the 6th, so despite my turning 21 I still won´t be able to drink for at least another day. I think I´ll survive, mainly because there´s no ban on huffing paint. Rock.

After I get out of this internet café with Sarah and her friends I´m going to my host family´s grandparents´ house for Sunday dinner. The food has been really good so far. Staples have been fried platanos, rice, beans, cheese, and I just had this sugar-water-seed drink which was awesome. It tasted kinda like boba tea. Good times.

So yeah, that´s all I can think of for now. Pura vida and all that jazz.

Much love,
Ezra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nihilism

My Old Name

Engage!